Slider

How To Take A Perfect Selfie

Monday, August 28, 2017


Taking a perfect selfie or at least a decent one can be pretty challenging. Especially if you want to take it with your "real' camera. At least I found it a bit more complicated than thought at first.

Here's how I experimented taking a selfie with a couple of tips

1. Find the location. As I was at home I searched a room with lot of natural light. My bedroom was good for that as it's light but no direct sun light at that time of the day.

2. Use tripod, obviously. I timed the camera to shoot after 10 seconds.

3. I used 85mm lence with a long shutter speed and quite (not too) wide aperture.

4. Focusing seemed to be the main problem. The camera didn't really focus on a blank wall, which was my background. So needed some props. I duck taped a picture (a sheet from a magazine) on the wall at the hight of my head.


~~~~


(FI) Täydellisen tai ainakin jota kuinkin hyväksyttävän selfien ottaminen voi osoittautua melko haasteelliseksi. Varsinkin jos haluaa ottaa sen ns. oikealla kameralla. Itse ainakin huomasin sen olevan paljon vaikeampaa kuin mitö olin kuvitellut.

Tässä vähän listaa omista kokemuksistani ja mukana muutama vinkki.

1. Etsi hyvä paikka. Löysin kotoani huoneen jossa oli mahdollisimman paljon luonnonvaloa, mutta ei kuitenkaan suoraa auringonpaistetta siihen aikaan päivästä.

2. Käytä jalustaa, tietty. Ajastin kameran laukaisemaan 10s päästä.

3. Käytin 85mm linssiä ja pitkää valoitusaikaa sekä isoa aukkoa.

4. Fokusointi osoittautui päädilemmaksi. Kamera ei kunnolla tarkenna yksiväriseen seinään, jollaisen olin valinnut taustaksi. Kokeilin teipata lehdestä repästyn sivun siihen kohtaa seinää johon pääni tulisi.

portrait photography

Didn't really work the way I thought. The focus is on the pic on the wall not on my face. Next step was to find something that would pop out of the wall and have a bit of dimension. I picked up a broom with a floor cloth and placed it leaning that wall on the hight of my head.


~~~~


(FI) Eipä tuntunut toimivat. Kamera tarkensi kuvaan eikä kasvoihini. Seuraava askel oli löytää jotain joka tulisi seinästä vähän irti ja toisi syvyyttä. Otin siivouskaapista lattianpesuluutun ja laitoin sen nojaamaan seinään pääni korkeudelle.

portrait photography

Didn't work either. Not enough of dimension. The floor cloth should be exactly on the place of the face. 


~~~~


(FI) Eipä toiminut tämäkään kikka. Syvyyttä ei ollut tarpeeksi. Luutun pitäisi olla siis täsmälleen kasvojeni kohdalla.
portrait photography
 So built with a bucket and a pile of interior magazines a construction that kept the broom in a right position. Now I just had to focus the camera, quickly throw away the broom and sit on the stool, all in 10s.


~~~~


(FI) Seuraavaksi rakensin ämpäristä, lehtipinosta ja tästä luutusta kuvassa näkyvän telineen.Nyt piti vain tarkentaa kamera, heittää luuta nopeasti pois ja istahtaa pallille, kaikki tämä 10 sekunnissa.

portrait photography
Well, wouldn't call it a perfect selfie, but anyways got something that I could use for my purposes.
In the first one the shutter speed is 1/10s and aperture f4.5 and in the second one I used 0,5s and f6.3.


~~~~


(FI) Mo, ei välttämättä mikään täudellinen selfie, mutta joka tapauksessa sain sopivia kuvia omiin tarkoituksiini. Ekassa kuvassa valoitusaika on 1/10s ja aukko f4.5, toisessa 0.5s ja f6.3.



portrait photography


What kind of selfie experiences you have? Any good tips?

~~~~

(FI) Millaisia kokemuksia sinulla on selfien ottamisesta? Olisko mitään vinkkejä?


24 comments:

  1. Ihania kuvia 😍😍😍

    Juu, ei muuta kommentoitavaa. Mun selfiet on aina ai-van karseita 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I would of never of thought to use a mop to focus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea. And your eyes looks so wonderful. I love blue eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mop bit is actually an ingenius funny way to go about this! You look beautiful, camera focused or not!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The art of a good selfie can often be a complicated one to master but it seems like you really nailed it on the head! I definitely need a tripod for myself! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, we all need these selfie tips. Tracing the location with natural light creates so much of difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also feel that natural daylight is the best.

      Delete
  7. Taking a selfie is an art in itself, and have shown some quite interesting ways to accomplish this. I usually take selfies with my phone, but when I use camera I make sure it's on a tripod, I can see myself in the viewfinder, autofocus is on instead of manual, and I prefer using a bluetooth remote instead of timer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tips! I never thought of using a magazine photo for the backdrop! Will definitely try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually it didn't really work, the focus was on that magazine photo not on me ;)

      Delete
  9. Haha made me laught a bit. You must have looked strange doing your selfie! It is always funny to see behind the scene action. They turn out great anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The mop picture is actually pretty good humour when explaining how things should look. Thanks for the laugh and the good advise. I sucked at taking selfies for the longest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got so mad because I couldn't take a proper selfie so needed so creativety ;)

      Delete
  11. I don't usually take selfies, I am more comfortable in a group, but not solo, or even a headshot. I think you did an amazing job. The broom, bucket, and the magazines sure helped a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't take them either, but now I needed a pic of myself, but didn't know it takes so much creativity to make it :D

      Delete
  12. Some great tips on perfecting your smile lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan